First of all: Mom, I am so sorry I freaked you out. Please do not be crying ANYMORE. I completely figured that you were having a busy week with Annie and Eli's baptism and Halloween. I had no idea you had to take care of soup kitchen assignments and a 2nd grade class party. Good grief! I'm surprised you got all that done. NO BIGGIE! And I probably received your e-mail about twenty minutes after I sat down at the computer. It probably just took a while to come through with all the picture files. Which, sadly, continue to not open, maybe because they are too big or something. Oh well. I look forward to the hard copies you send, whenever you get the time. NO RUSH! Okay, rant over.
Thank you for informing about the story of the 3 Billy Goats Gruff. I figured Mark Wahlberg would want me to know. And I guess I could have just asked any goats I encountered. After all, talking to goats is one of my favorite pastimes. Sorry you had to tell me that Donny Osmond is (cough) getting old. Yuck. Well, the man is a grandfather. As long as he doesn't do any puppet impersonations, we should be okay. Has he done the cha-cha to "Soldier of Love" yet? Or the foxtrot to "Puppy Love"? Those dance tempos probably don't match those songs, but I was giving it my best shot. Maybe the Pasa Doble, my personal favorite, to "Crazy Horses," another personal favorite. Just an idea... While we're on the tangent of fetching me information, would you do me another literary favor and look up the poem by Robert Burns, "To a Mouse." There is a really famous line in it, but I cannot for the life of me remember what it is. Something and home or God, or God providing all creatures with homes. It could be tricky, because the poem is written in English with a Scottish accent. All I can remember of it is "something, something tiny beastie/Such a panic's in thy breastie." Dad, maybe you know? I feel like all my English major knowledge is vanishing away slowly. I hate to think what I've already forgotten, but like Neville Longbottom with a Remembrall, "trouble is, I can't remember what I've forgotten." Tricky, but universally true (and remarkably sucinct) statement.
But, just to prove that I still have some literary knowlege stored upstairs, I will tell you that this week we had occasion to think of the famous lines from Samuel Taylor Coleridge's "Rime of the Ancient Mariner." Thursday was a very rainy day, but somehow southeast Texas, with all it's rain, hasn't quite figured out how to efficiently siphon the rain into the gutters. Maybe there are reasons why evenly distributed rain grates are a rarity, but I don't know what they are. In any case, we took Alex to a convert baptism in another ward that night, and it poured the whole time we were there. Thunder was even commenting on the speakers' talks and such. As we drove towards home, the highway had very large puddles on it, but that was nothing compared to the three lanes that were underwater in front of the Walmart by our apartment. As we drove to our parking lot, we noticed a police car with it's lights flashing right before the entrace. Our parking lot was flooded! Well, kind of. If by flooded, I can mean 5 inches of water at the deepest points, making it impossible to park. We had to park at the hospital across the street and walk home in the rain. Not too bad: we had our umbrellas, but Sister Kemp was a lot more into it than I was. She took of her nylons and just waded through the puddles. I was more of a "look for higher ground" kind of missionary. And in the morning, all traces of flooding were gone. But no rainbows either, with signs leading to leprechauns, which are less creepy than trolls overall, although case by case comparison is sometimes required. As in the case of "LEPRECHAUN: A HORROR FILM (featuring Jennifer Aniston)."
While I'm on the subject of the hospital, I may as well report my medical happenings. I saw Dr. Khalaf this week. Very nice. I paid $150 for a new patient fee. He also wanted me to get a primary care physician. I've made a few calls on that but no luck. Maybe you could look on-line and see what leads/possibilities you find nearby in Tomball. He suggested someone who is fairly far away, and I just found out this morning that that doctor is not accepting new patients. Too bad: his name is David Nelson, and you know what that makes me think of. Ozzie and Harriet, the greatest pre-reality TV family ever. Dr. Khalaf also wanted me to get some x-rays of my hands and feet. We went ahead and did it that day. I gave them our home address, so they should be sending the bill. I hope this does not create too big of an expense. I also still need to get my blood work done somewhere, since Dr. Khalaf's office does not do that in house. Sorry. I hate having all these expenses. Finally, he requested the records from Dr. Mathews's office. His address is: 8320 Louetta Rd. #198, Spring, TX 77379.
Phew. Well, I'm almost out of time this week, but I will inform you that we made it to the baptism of Charles Marshall. Wonderful! I was so pleased to see him again. His brother who converted a few years ago is now getting back active, and their other brother is learning with the elders in Bryan. Big deal. This whole Baptist family might just be baptized into the true church before the whole thing is through. Glad to hear Eli's baptism went well. Congratulations, Buddy. You are still my favorite brother. It almost made me cry with joy to hear that Mark and Cody were the witnesses. Too perfect. As for Halloween, we had a very good one. We went to the ward trunk-or-treat, which can be held outside because it's still very warm here. The best costumes were one of Cody's cousins as Nancy Drew, and another little boy as Houdini, complete with handcuffs and chains. Sadly, I only got a picture of the Houdini costume, but Nancy Drew is universally amazing. Duh.
Alex will be baptized on Saturday, and I have to give a talk about the Holy Ghost. Pray that everything goes well.
Love you all, and hoping I'm not forgetting anything,
Sister Whitney Sorensen
PS Good luck with your busyness, Mom. Please shine, too.
PPS Cassidy, Sister Kemp's sister has swine flu, too. But she's in Ogden, no Rexburg.
PPPS "My, oh my. I love sweet potato pie!" (Alan Twitty on Bakin' with Twitty and Beans )
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment