Looks like y'all (or should I say, we all) had a great time at the David Cook concert. You didn't pass him my picture when he passed y'all in the aisle, did you? Good--either way. (I can't believe you haven't mentioned my Jonas brothers/Three Nephites coincidence yet. Maybe it's in a forthcoming letter). ***We took Whitney's photo with us since we knew she would want to be there!
And I think it's perfectly appropriate that Cassidy took a picture with a goat while she was at the zoo with a boy named Mark. C'est magnifique, as Audrey and Grace would likely say.
As for the big steps taking place, I say one minute is probably not enough to say a curbside good-bye for Elder Ellsworth and his family, but it will have to suffice. Exciting that Mark's papers are basically on their way. The Lord really does know where to put everyone, and when.
***Lest anyone think that Whitney's mission is just one big party, I will elaborate that we had to remove the next few paragraphs due to the spiritual nature that they dealt with. Just know that she is sharing the gospel, and that all is going well.*** BACK TO THE FUN!
We played Bingo again this week. On Saturday it was quite an adventure-fiasco. We went with some elders from Bryan, and Elder Hinckley (no relation, as far as I know) was calling the numbers. I was helping Mrs. Roberson, who is basically blind, but then Ms. Kramer came, who is absolutely deaf. So for Mrs. Roberson I have to cover all the numbers, but independent-minded Ms. Kramer WILL NOT let you do it for her, so I have to point to the numbers on her card if they get called out, and she'll cover them all up. It's okay if we get behind one or two, but after about three, I'm lost. And Elder Hinckley just kept speeding up. BINGO! Poor Ms. Kramer, she probably lost a few numbers in there, so I hope she didn't get a Bingo without either of us knowing it and lose out on the 50 cents prize money. Oh, and the other Elder is brand new. Elder Galbraith is from Sugar City--where else--Idaho. I asked him if he knew any Ricks', and he knows "a lot of Ricks'." He does know a Rachel Ricks. In fact, his exact words were, "OH yeah, I know Rachel Ricks." But he didn't elaborate. What does "oh yeah" in a very-pronounced-but-still-hard-to-read tone mean? Well, Nancy: do some detective work. That's what it means. All in all, this week has been great, but one of the slower moving weeks of my mission so far.
Enjoy the remaining warm days you've got. I'm sure there are plenty more here.
Love, love, love,
Sister Whitney Mikell Sorensen
PS Exciting and curious about the new bishop. Keep me posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment