Wednesday, July 22, 2009

6-24-09

Greetings from Provo, the MTC, and Sister (wait for it)...Sister Sorensen! I think that sounds great and I'm pretty sure you'll agree. The moment I left you they rushed me through what may become known as the MTC Maze. Plenty of sisters pinning on badges, elders and sisters helping with luggage, questions about your immunizations (I passed with flying colors!), taking a quick snapshot, then off to a meeting with the MTC Mission President and all the new missionaries. Along the way, I met my companion. Sister Virginia Hoskins. She is from the L.A. area, and she'll also be going to Texas, Houston. We are in a district with six elders and two other sisters, all of whom are headed to Iowa, Des Moines. 5 sisters live in our room, and I'll be sleeping on a top bunk. It feels a little tipsy, but of course, I've practiced from my 'sleepover parties' with Eli in his room. He always made me take the top bunk!So, I guess I would summarize today as a marathon. I'm sure the schedule will make sense in a few days, but right now I'm just taking it one meeting at a time, which seems to be working. Dinner was chicken cordon bleu, with rice pilaf, not Dad's favorite, I know (JK) but I thought it was delicious. No sitings of Elder Jenkins or Elder Sorensen, but I did see a certain Sister Harper who I met at Girls' State, and I remember her being Idaho's Junior Miss. She's very outgoing.On a final note, a new group of mission presidents is being trained this week, so we will be having a special devotional on Friday night. Not sure who it will be, but this will be an extra one. Sorry this letter is so short, but everything was a rush today. Tell me what questions you have, for I"m certain I didn't answer them all.

All my love, sending some as well to Grandpa and Grandmother!

Sister Whitney Sorensen

No comments:

Post a Comment