We received a letter from Whitney AFTER she arrived in Texas describing her last few MTC days. I thought we would share a few of the highpoints.
" Sister Jardine pointed out in the MTC that "Let Us All Press On" sounds a lot like the Indiana Jones theme, at least for the first three or four notes."
"We played a final softball game with all the sisters and elders from our district. They are great brothers. In one inning all three outs belonged to me. I'm sure that makes me some kind of infamous sports legend."
"Elder Guest does an even better Kip voice than me. Hard to believe, but it's a pretty worthwhile talent."
"I met one of the Osmonds. Not THAT Osmond (Donny) but one of Tom's sons. He is dark-haired, his companion was tall with reddish hair. Imagine Elders Potter and Weasley. One famous, one overlooked. Both headed for Nebraska."
"One day the MTC cafeteria was serving clam chowder. It was DIVINE. I'm fairly certain they use the same recipe as heaven. "
"I got to see Sister, I mean Hermana Good (Kira) before I left. I gave her one last wave and a smile."
"Our last testimony meeting with Sister Folkman was a little difficult. We have become very close and I'm proud to call them all my brothers and sisters. The spirit was strong as we each bore our testimonies. Tomorrow we all head to different places."
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment